Legacy Traditional School – KidsCare (LKC) provides a safe, structured, caring, enriching and affordable program led by Legacy Traditional School trained and experienced staff at all twelve campuses. LKC is designed with our busy parents in mind. LKC students remain on-site – eliminating the need for additional transportation to a child care center. LKC students participate in fun educational activities, spend time with friends and receive homework help (afternoon sessions). LKC is available before and after school from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Before School 6:00am – 7:30am: Recreational activities in the gym After School
- 3:00-3:30 Snack
- 3:30-4:00 Homework help
- 4:00- 5:00 Outside time
- 5:00-6:00 Educational Games
LKC will remain open on all half days at every campus. Based on enrollment and staffing, LKC will remain open on all school holidays, intersession breaks and summer. Please check with your campus for availability.
- Annual Registration fee: $70- paid once a year, regardless of when beginning in LKC for the Avondale, Casa Grande, Chandler, Gilbert, Laveen, Maricopa, NW Tucson, Surprise and Queen Creek campuses
- LKC Before School, Part-time (max of 3 days a week): $71.00/month – $35.50 twice a month due the 1st and 15th
- LKC Before School, Full-time: $81.00/month – $40.50 twice a month due the 1st and 15th
- LKC After School, Part-time (max of 3 days a week): $159.00/month – $79.50 twice a month due the 1st and 15th
- LKC After School, Full-time: $198.00/month – $99.00 twice a month due the 1st and 15th
- Family Maximum: $400- This discounted payment option is only payable at the beginning of each month.
- Drop in: $20 per day: This tuition option can be used for half days or any day that you don’t have someone to watch your child. Registration is required with two day’s notice.
(Fees do not include holiday, intersession breaks and summer academy)
- Payment-Not-Received Fee:Your child may not attend LKC unless the school has received your payment for the month. On the first of the month, if your child attends LKC prior to the months payment, you will be charged a $30 fee that must be paid to the Program Administrator when the child is picked up. Your child will be ineligible to participate in LKC until the full months payment is received through your school’s Shopping Cart.
- Late-Pick-Up Fee: Children should be picked up by 6:00 pm. If you are late, you may be charged $1 per minute, and your child will not be able to attend again until the charge is paid. We will use a cell-phone clock for accurate time. To avoid these fees, make sure to arrive with time to spare.
LKC will strive to maintain a 30:1 staff-to-child ratio. Before School 30:1 (Program assistant or program instructor). After School 30:1 (Program assistant or program instructor). A Program Administrator will provide staff and program supervision during after school hours.
Snacks are provided in PM LKC. On half-days lunch is provided. Please note, that Legacy KidsCare is not part of an allergy-free or nut-free district.
Checking In and Out:
Before School: It is recommended that parents escort their child(ren) to the BS LKC location and sign their child in each morning. After School: It is recommended that parents check-out/sign out their child before leaving each day. Please bring your family pick-up sign to show the staff when you are signing your child out.
Registration and Contact Info:
You can find online registration forms on your school’s website by going to the parent portal and clicking on the “SchoolCare Works” Tab. Registration will be taken on a first-come first-serve basis, and space is limited. Please note that LKC staff will be given your contact information. Please make sure this information is up-to-date when you register and notify LKC of any changes immediately.
Not Licensed, Open-Door Policy:
The Legacy KidsCare program is not a licensed child care facility as defined by Arizona Revised Statutes section 36-882. As such, your child is free to check out and leave from the program site at any time. Staff cannot physically restrain a participant who is not authorized to walk home but is trying to walk home. If your child leaves, staff will begin calling the numbers listed in the Enrollment Notebook. If your child never checks-in but was expected to attend, LTS staff will try to contact you via the numbers listed in the Enrollment Notebook as well.
It is very important for you to ensure that your contact information is up-to-date and that you communicate your pick-up preferences with your child and Legacy KidsCare staff.
Medications and Student Health Services:
A Health Assistant will not be available for LKC. Parents will be notified by the LKC staff if an injury occurs during BS and AS programs. Emergency Medical Services will be dispatched for all emergencies. Children will be responsible for maintaining and administering their own medication.
You may withdraw your child from LKC at any time. Staff may withdraw your child from LKC at any time due to safety concerns, difficult behavior, failure to pay, etc. Monthly payments that you have already made are not refundable. We will make prorated refunds on payments made in advance of more than 30 days.