Dear Legacy Teachers and Staff,
The Arizona Department of Health Services released new guidance on Aug. 6 for Arizona schools that includes specific public health benchmarks to assist schools in their decision to safely reopen in-person.
Based on the guidance provided by ADHS, we have made the difficult decision to delay the start of in-person learning, previously scheduled for Aug. 17.
Our return to school date will be determined by the ADHS benchmark data, which will be updated every Thursday, and may vary by campus, based on its county location. Because the data is updated weekly, we are unable to share a new return date now. You can expect to receive communication from us by noon each Friday with an update about returning to school as soon as health guidelines permit.
This afternoon, we will be sharing this update with families, along with details about onsite support services that we will be offering students beginning Aug. 17. Click here to read the communication.
Although in-person learning has been delayed, please be aware of the following information related to your role as a teacher:
- Teachers are required to report to campus in-person each day and work from their classrooms or designated work areas. Your required hours to be on campus are from 7:45 a.m. (drop off) to 3:15 p.m. (pick up).
- Teachers will be expected to follow the regular dress code each day per the employee handbook.
- Teachers will not be expected to provide live instruction to students who are onsite. However, there may be students in your classroom during the day if they need to be onsite, per the communication linked above.
- If you have a child who is a Legacy student, they may accompany you to campus beginning Aug. 17. However, you will need to complete the onsite support services form each week for your child, described in the communication linked above. Your child may stay with you in your classroom. Unfortunately, non-Legacy students may not be on campus.
- As required by state/local authorities, all students, teachers and staff will be required to wear face coverings while on campus.
- All Phase 3 return to school guidelines will be followed.
Thank you for your understanding and support in our efforts to ensure the well-being of our students, teachers and staff. If you have any questions, please contact your principal.
Legacy Traditional Schools