Dear Legacy Families,
Legacy Traditional Schools is committed to creating a learning environment that supports student success, even in the face of new challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic.
As we continue to prepare for the 2020-21 school year, we have more details to share about the start of school, upcoming virtual Town Hall event, and our loaner laptop program.
Start of School
- The first day of school will be Wednesday, Aug. 5.
- All students will be required to attend school online for the first two weeks. If a student does not log in to Schoology daily during this time, they will be marked absent.
- The first two weeks of school will cover the following information:
Week 1: Aug. 5-7
Introduction to Schoology, Legacy’s online learning platform, including how to navigate the homepage, submit assignments and be a digital citizen.
Week 2: Aug. 10-14
Continue Schoology introduction and review math, ELA, social studies and science concepts taught in the fourth quarter of last school year.
- Once in-person learning may resume on Aug. 17, per state guidance, students will continue the first quarter with the learning option they have selected i.e. in-person or online.
It is important that all Legacy students become familiar with Schoology, even those who have selected in-person learning, as this tool will be used to supplement classroom instruction moving forward. Additionally, in the event that in-person learning becomes further delayed by the state, we want to be prepared for continued online learning if necessary.
We will be sharing more details about our online platform Schoology with you soon. Until then, you can learn more about Schoology here.
Safe Return to School Virtual Town Hall
Join us Wednesday, July 15 at 5 p.m. for our Safe Return to School Virtual Town Hall on the Legacy Traditional Schools District Facebook page. We will be reviewing our back to school plans and answering your questions live.
We encourage you to submit your questions in advance by clicking the button below.
Laptop Loaner Program
Because all students will be required to start school online for the 2020-21 school year, you will have the option to borrow a laptop from your school.
- This program is for families who need a loaner laptop. We have a limited quantity of laptops to lend out, but will do our best to ensure that students who need a laptop receive one.
- Laptops are ordered, but schools don’t have them in stock yet. Please do not contact your school about borrowing a laptop.
- You will receive additional communication about how to sign up for the program soon.
- Laptops will be available for pick-up by the first week of school (at the latest).
Our goal is to make sure that all students have the ability to be successful during online learning. So, if you plan on purchasing a laptop, here are some details on what to look for when you go shopping. And remember you need it by Aug. 5.
Fall and spring Breaks
With the shift in start date to Aug, 5 for our East Valley campuses, their fall and spring breaks will now be one week each:
- Fall break: October 2-9
- Spring break: March 12-19
Click the links below to view the east valley schools revised 2020-21 academic calendar.
Thank you for your ongoing support as we strive to provide an exceptional learning experience for our students. Please review our Safe Return to School page for more information about the 2020-21 school year.
Legacy Traditional Schools