New campus to serve grades K-6 beginning fall 2019; applications accepted now
CHANDLER, AZ – Legacy Traditional Schools, a popular Arizona network of “A”-rated, tuition-free public charter schools, will expand its West Valley footprint with the addition of a new campus in Goodyear. Legacy’s 15th Arizona campus is scheduled to open in fall 2019.
Legacy Traditional School – Goodyear will open its doors at a vacant 37,000 square-foot facility located at 16060 W. Lower Buckeye Parkway, west of the Phoenix Goodyear Airport. The new school will serve students in grades K-6 and will have an enrollment capacity of 700 students. The campus includes:
- More than 25 classrooms dedicated to traditional instruction, special education and computers
- Indoor basketball court
- Commercial kitchen where lunch is served fresh daily
- Piano classroom with headsets to improve learning and retention
- Athletic field and playground
“West Valley families have always been tremendously supportive of Legacy Traditional Schools,” said Superintendent Nicole Kirkley. “The Legacy name is synonymous with excellent schools, great teachers and a curriculum that educates well-rounded students and develops engaged citizens. We look forward to opening our doors this fall to the Goodyear community.”
Brittany Kleinow has been named principal at Legacy Traditional School – Goodyear after having served as an assistant principal at Legacy’s Surprise campus. Kleinow has nearly a decade of experience in K-12 education and holds a Bachelor of Arts in Education from Arizona State University and a Master of Education in Educational Leadership from Grand Canyon University.
“Legacy Traditional Schools has a strong tradition of building lasting relationships in the communities where our students, teachers and staff call home,” said Kleinow. “As a Goodyear resident, I am especially proud to be a part of our first-ever Goodyear campus and to help bring an exceptional education and a lifetime love of learning to our community.”
Quality instruction is at the heart of the Legacy experience. During the 2017-18 school year:
- 11 out of 12 Legacy schools in Arizona received an “A” rating from the Arizona State Board of Education.
- Legacy Traditional Schools’ students outperformed each of their peer subgroups on the AzMERIT assessment.
- The English Language Learner reclassification rate to full English proficiency was 33 percent higher than the statewide average.
In addition to an accelerated, rigorous curriculum, Legacy’s new campus will offer:
- Tuition-free kindergarten through sixth-grade;
- Mozart Performing Arts and Momentum Fitness programs for students in grades 3-6;
- Legacy Kids Care, a structured before- and after-school enrichment program; and
- Free and reduced lunch through the National School Lunch Program.
Applications are being accepted now for the 2019-2020 school year. Visit legacytraditional.org/goodyear to apply.
About Legacy Traditional Schools (LTS)
Legacy Traditional Schools believes there is no limit to what a student can achieve with a great education. Our non-profit network of tuition-free, A-rated public schools was founded on this principle, and it underlies our mission to educate lifelong learners and develop engaged citizens. Every Legacy Traditional School features a rigorous, well-rounded curriculum that emphasizes all areas of academic study, including the arts, physical education and extensive athletics and extracurricular activities. In 2019-2020, we will educate more than 20,000 students across 17 campuses in Arizona (Greater Phoenix, northwest Tucson, Maricopa and Casa Grande) and Nevada (North Las Vegas, Southwest Las Vegas and Henderson). Learn more at www.legacytraditional.org.
Contact: Matthew Benson